Saturday, 25 March 2017

We Live in Such a Weird World!


This morning as I was getting ready to go out, I watched last night's Red Nose Day (literally only to watch red nose day actually - the charity remake of love actually).

One of the stories they showed was of a mother who had to leave her 3 children under 10 at home all day so she could search a landfill site all day, in the boiling sun, and at the end of the day only have earnt as little as 25p.

And now, only hours later, I'm sitting on a train behind a girl who literally took 20 minutes to pick out and edit an instagram photo.

Like I don't wanna judge or belittle the girl; she's just a product of the society she's grown up in. But I just thought it was SO scary to me how much it's such a horrific contrast in lives and priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment